Friday, May 25, 2007

Wolves Updates 5/25

Judd Zulgad/Star Tribune reports that "FSN has reached a multiyear contract extension with the Timberwolves."
Among the changes beginning that season will be an increase from 35 to 40 regular-season telecasts, plus two preseason games. FSN also will produce a 30-minute Wolves show each week. (The Wolves' over-the-air deal for KSTC to show 35 games per season still has two years remaining.)



Mike Trudell/Timberwolves site talks to Coach Wittman about his new contract, offseason workouts for the players, and what his role will be with potential draft picks:
I'm going to have a great impact. I have ideas of the type of players I want and need to play the way we think we have to play. So it's a situation where we'll be working closely together here, in terms of the draft and then formulating things thereafter. Who we're going able to get and plug in, in a position, I think is going to dictate then also what we're going to focus on. We're trying to change other parts of this team to try to make it better...




Team owner Glen Taylor is on the cover of Minnesota Business (online article is subscribers only). Below is a snippet of the article.

It wasn't just small-town pride that created the billionaire of today, though. Not surprisingly, there's serious competitive drive under all that quiet geniality. The intense focus Taylor displays as he chats is also what keeps him moving forward in making deals and building his company.

"Growing up, I would be in sports, like so many other kids, and I'd think: why wouldn't you want to be captain?" he remembers. "Why wouldn't you want to be the best? So, when I went into business, I had the same attitude of, 'Why wouldn't I want to be running this company?"