Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wolves Updates 5/24

According to the Creston News Advertiser, Fred Hoiberg is playing in an Iowa State All-Star Celebrity Basketball Game on July 21. The game is one of the events being held in memory of former Cyclone Barry Stevens who died in February after a heart attack.

All-Century team members Victor Alexander, Jeff Grayer, Jeff Hornacek, Jamaal Tinsley and Fred Hoiberg will play alongside former Cyclone stars Ron Harris, Tom Peterson, Elmer Robinson, Will Blalock, Ron Virgil, Lafester Rhodes, Sam Hill, Marc Urquhart and Julius Michalik.


T-Hud mentions rapping with Joe Smith and Rashad McCants and talks about his dreadlocks in an interview with Vibe:

I used to rock braids and cornrows when I first came into the League. But I was out in [Washington] D.C. one time and went to get my hair braided. This lady was doing locks and I wanted to see how it would look on me. I kept it in for awhile and one of my ministers back home called me said, 'You know, locks look nice on you. They're a sign of dedication.' And you know what? I am a dedicated person. I'm dedicated to my music, sports, my family and to God, so if this is a sign of that dedication, I'm gonna keep rolling with it.



Andrew Perna/Real GM writes that one of Randy Foye's good luck charms for Tuesday's lottery was "a little genie bottle given to him by his niece."


David Berri/Wages Of Win on the league's most productive players for the 2006-2007 season:
As one can see, the reign of Kevin Garnett has ended. After four consecutive years, KG has now slipped to second. The new MPP (Most Productive Player) is Jason Kidd, who last took the top spot in 1998-99.


From Charley Walters/Pioneer Press:
If Portland chooses 7-foot center Greg Oden with the No. 1 pick in next month's NBA draft, it could mean 7-1 former Gopher Joel Przybilla will be traded. The Timberwolves would seem a logical suitor for the shot blocker-rebounder from Monticello.