Monday, April 10, 2006

Garnett Possibly Out For The Season

Coach Casey on playing the less experienced players for the rest of the season:
"I've been told that we're going to be here next year, in this together," he said. "I'm on board with it. We're on the same page. And so we're doing this to develop, for me to coach next year. I haven't signed any [document], but we've talked about it. But Kevin [McHale, vice president of basketball operations] has said we're going to be back next year, so I take that man at his word."
As for trading Garnett, the coach said: "That is not part of the equation whatsoever."



Casey said he hasn't determined whether Garnett and Davis will see the court again before the season ends.
"With Ricky's groin the way it is and to save miles on Kevin's knees, it's just better to go ahead and not even be tempted to give them those minutes," Casey said.

"We owe it to our fans to develop and to be ready for next year, so that we don't go through the same thing next year," Casey said.


The tights Mad Dog wore in yesterday's game were borrowed from McCants to "ease a sore left calf muscle."
"It feels really good, so I think I'll stick with it," Madsen said. "And next year, if the NBA tries to outlaw it, I'm going to try to get some signatures [on a] petition."

The Wolves have called up Bracey Wright from the D-League. He'll join the team on their road trip this week.

Hoopsworld has an article on Banks titled "The Timberwolves Point Guard Of The Future"