Sunday, April 09, 2006

Wolves Over The Weekend

On Friday, Garnett reached 61st on the NBA's all time scoring list with 17,337 points, one point ahead of McHale.
"Good; I can talk some (trash) to him," Garnett said. "That's probably the reason he's not returning my phone calls. It makes a lot of sense."


Mad Dog on his lack of playing time:
"I guess my expectations are always the same — be ready when your name is called," Madsen said. "I feel like, in that aspect, I've been 100 percent successful. When the coach has called my name, I've been ready, and I've gone in there and done my job. That's my role, and I embrace it."

"Mark Madsen's been a pro," Casey said. "He plays hard every day in practice. He knows his role."


First-year Timberwolves coach Dwane Casey, asked how he is doing these days with his faltering team: "I'm hanging tough. The alternative is six feet under, and I'm not ready for that."

Anthony Carter pleaded guilty Friday in Hennepin County District Court to a fourth-degree misdemeanor for driving with a blood-alcohol level over 0.08 percent March 3 in downtown Minneapolis.
Carter received a $1,000 fine and will do 112 hours of community service.


Carter also got an MRI on his injured foot. While results won't be in til Monday, he could be out for the rest of the season.

Troy Hudson had a cortisone shot last week in an attempt to regain full range of motion in his right ankle.

McHale attended the 9th Annual Nike Hoop Summit this weekend.