Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Wolves Fall To The Jazz

The Wolves lost to the Jazz on Friday night, 103-95. Now that the team is officially out of playoff contention, Garnett, along with Ricky Davis, spent half of the game on the bench.
"(Casey) told Rick and I that he was going to drop minutes, and that guys have to be ready," Garnett said. "So it wasn't like out of the blue."
"I can't even remember the last time I played 24 minutes," Garnett said. "My knees are thanking Case at this point right now."

"I'm developing players," Casey said. "That's the mission and the charge I've been given by the organization is to make sure I improve (Rashad) McCants, improve Marcus Banks, improve the young talent we have. I'm working my tail off doing that. There's always risk when you're a coach."
"Kevin's going to get his minutes," Casey said. "He's our franchise guy, but we need to see what we have (from young players) under pressure."