Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Owner Glen Taylor on the trade

Kent Youngblood/Star Tribune on the Celtics press conference:
Garnett went out of his way to say how nice it felt to be appreciated -- in Boston. He talked of the differences he has seen between Boston and Minnesota, saying how impressed he's been with how professional and first-class the Celtics are. A passionate player, he talked about how hard it has been to lose a lot of games the past few seasons. And then there was this:

"I guess at the end of the day, I'm loyal to a point where I feel, if someone's loyal to me, then I have no problem with that," Garnett said. "But when that changes, it's pretty easy for me [to move on]."



From Rick Alonzo/Pioneer Press:
Taylor said he spoke with Garnett about an extension, but apparently Taylor wasn't willing to meet Garnett's salary demands...



From AP Sports:
Taylor said he didn't know how to respond to that, nor to Garnett's glowing assessment of the Celtics' "professional" organization, a clear shot at the disarray in Minnesota.

"If he could have had his druthers and everything would have worked out, he preferred to stay here," Taylor said. "He always assumed, as I did, that we would be together. That was his goal and that's what he wanted. He was a little emotional when he talked to me. Sort of like you're parting with good friends, but you have to get on with your journey."