Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wolves Updates 7/15

Kevin McHale on why he believes "chemistry is important" in the league now:
“Before you didn’t have to really like guys to play with them, but now it seems you have to have that if you want to win, because the overall talent level on individuals is down,” he said. “Now it’s like, ‘I don’t like this guy. I can’t play with him.’ I’ve never heard such nonsense in my life. It’s an interesting time right now.”


The Wolves last summer league game is tonight against the Suns.


From Rick Alonzo/Pioneer Press:
Foye believes he's ready for the increased responsibility. The mere question draws a curt response.

"What do you think?" Foye said. "You tell me what I did last year when I got the opportunity and I played. Obviously that question is (unfounded) because I'm more than ready. I think everybody in Minneapolis knows that from watching me play."



From Charley Walters/Pioneer Press:
Rod Johnson of Cannon Falls, the public address announcer for the Timberwolves, plans to seek the House District 28B seat vacated by Steve Sviggum.

A well-heeled out-of-state automobile dealer is strongly interested in becoming a significant Timberwolves investor.



From Sid Hartman:
Fred Hoiberg, Timberwolves assistant general manager, said that the team's top two draft choices, Corey Brewer and Chris Richard of Florida, have done everything expected while playing this past week in the Las Vegas NBA summer league.