Thursday, April 13, 2006

Wolves Snap Road Losing Streak In Houston

The Wolves break their road losing streak and lessen their chances of keeping this year's draft pick with an 82-79 win over the Rockets last night.

Coach Casey upon being asked why the team was finally winning when it needs to lose:
"That's insinuating that we're trying to lose, and that's not true," Casey said. "We're trying to compete in every game. I've said that since Day 1. These guys are scratching, clawing, taking charges, they deserved to win that game.
"I thought that was the purpose of playing basketball."


McCants sat out of last night's game with a sprained ankle and is currently day to day but Casey isn't going to rush him back in.

Casey said that he's hasn't received any updates on the injuries of Garnett and Davis.


Hassell on Garnett:
"I hope not. I hope not," Hassell said of the prospect of Garnett ever leaving. "I hope that he ends his career here, because when you think of Minnesota, you think of Kevin Garnett. I just think he needs a little bit of help."
Beginning, perhaps, with this offseason. "There's going to be a lot of uncertainty," Hassell said. "It's uncertain whether I'm going to be here or not. ... If I move on in order for them to get 'Ticket' more help here, so be it. I just want to see him win. Because he deserves it."


Dennis Rodman kicking a Target Center cameraman during a Timberwolves game is among the "Top 50 Blowups" in sports history that will be shown on Fox Sports Net North at 10:30 p.m. Friday.