Friday, January 05, 2007

Garnett: Stay in the coupe till you see flurries

From Kent Youngblood/Star Tribune:
Garnett said he never let himself think about what it would be like to play with Iverson.

"Here you have to wait for things to happen, then adjust to that," Garnett said. "When they say it's going to snow, don't jump in the SUV just so soon. Stay in the coupe till you see flurries."

So, Kevin, do you ever give thought to what it would be like to play with the type of supporting cast Iverson inherited when he went to the Nuggets?

"Do I allow myself to think that way? No," Garnett said. "This is my reality, and I deal with it every day. Not to say it's a good or bad situation, I'm not the one to be bitching and moaning about things. I come out and I compete and I play. And I handle those things accordingly, when it's time to address those things."

And the middle of the regular season is not the time.

"I feel in a good place," Garnett said. "There is no need for distractions right now. If anything, we should be focusing a little more. It's January. February is right around the corner. Before you know it, it's going to be the All-Star break. That's when all the wheels need to be turning."



AP Sports writer Jon Krawczynski on the Iverson trade:
The Sixers really wanted Foye in any deal involving Minnesota, but Wolves basketball boss Kevin McHale was reluctant to include the promising rookie in any offering.