Monday, December 04, 2006

Garnett- "Don't feel sorry for me."

Kevin Garnett addresses media claims that he's unhappy in Minneapolis.

"I've never said I (was) unhappy," Garnett said. "I don't know where y'all get that (expletive) from. None of y'all have asked me that."

"People feel sorry for me?" Garnett said. "I don't go out and scout players. I don't do any of the front office stuff. This thing's bigger than Kevin Garnett. I'm a piece, but... I don't want nobody to feel sorry for me. I bust my (butt) to come in and be consistent every year. If you want to feel sorry for somebody, feel sorry for the people who put the team together and haven't put me in a position to be in those situations. Don't feel sorry for me."

"There isn't any guarantee that you're going to win if you go to a new team," Garnett said. "The teams that are supposed to be the best in the West, some of those teams are dealing with some of the things we're dealing with: chemistry, ball movement, all that stuff. That's around the league. It ain't like you're going to another league. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm out here busting my (butt)."


In the midst of denying rumors, KG did manage to get in this barb:
"You can only do so much as a player," Garnett said. "Don't feel sorry for me. If anything, take that up with Mac (Kevin McHale, Wolves vice president of basketball operations). Take that up with Stack (general manager Jim Stack). Take it up with Freddie (Fred Hoiberg, assistant general manager). Don't take it up with me."