Monday, December 04, 2006

Foye Talks About Adjusting To The NBA

Randy Foye on pre-draft day rumors about going to the Sixers:
"Minnesota told me from Day One they were going to take me ever since my performance in Minneapolis (during predraft workouts)," Foye said.


On his lack of playing time earlier in the season:
"At first, I'm thinking, 'What am I doing wrong?' " Foye said before last night's game between the Timberwolves and the 76ers. "Then they spoke to me and let me know what they were doing. They said they didn't want to throw me out to the wolves at the beginning, but they wanted me to adjust."


On going from the NCAA to the NBA:
“Sometimes, I forget what day it is,” said Foye, now 16 games into his first season with the Minnesota Timberwolves. “You wake up in a hotel room, and you're in a different city. ...
“It took a while to adjust. Everything is different: the way you eat with the team, the way you come into the arena. It's just different. Everything is just different.”



From the Philadelphia Daily News:
The jump to the NBA has not been easy, Foye admitted. It is lonelier than college. There are no team meals, no coaches to organize your every move. He lives in a penthouse apartment with Ruth Martin, the grandmother who raised him, just a few blocks from the Target Center...

"Every guy that was just on this floor dreams of playing in the NBA," Foye said as he stood on the Palestra floor following the Villanova-Penn game. "And I am. So it might be hard or lonely but I say to myself all the time, 'You're lucky. Get better.' "