Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wolves Updates 11/5

Thanks to 10,000 Takes for making this site the first stop on the Li'l KG Farewell Tour.


Garnett on the team's second round pick:
"Craig Smith, I told y'all," teammate Kevin Garnett said. "And I'm going to continue to pump the Craig Smith campaign. I think he's running for mayor somewhere. Kid's playing out of his mind.
"Randy, when he gets his rhythm and his touches going, you're going to see the young fella [play well] also. But Craig is a big addition to our team."


Britt Robson/City Pages reviews this weekend's games.


Foye on being compared to Brandon Roy:
"From his first game and my first game, they were like, 'The Timberwolves traded Brandon Roy and got Randy Foye. Was that a smart move?' Because his first game was so good and I only played a little bit.
"But he's on a younger team and I'm on a veteran team, so it's different. Time will tell."


The Star Tribune talks about the "paper-thin" relationship between KG and Wally Szczerbiak.


Click here for a couple Timberwolves quizzes.


KG and McCants on "which would win in a fight to the death -- a silverback gorilla or a grizzly bear?"


Eddie Griffin on this season:
"I feel lighter on my feet," he said. "I'm trying to play harder." He also addressed alcohol, saying, "As far as drinking, I cut that out, you know, that was affecting me and all that, but ... I'm just focusing on basketball and trying to play hard every time I step out there on the court."