Friday, November 03, 2006

Wolves Updates 11/3

The Wolves start their four game road trip in Denver tonight. Click here for a preview of the game.

Mad Dog isn't going on the trip with the team because of his sore knee.


Mike James talks to a Toronto radio station about the benefits of oil of oregano, playing on the team, how hard Garnett works, sharing the ball with his teammates, and Mark Blount being as good as any other big man in the league. James says he'd put their frontcourt up against any other team's frontcourt.


Mad Dog on whether he's worked on his three-point shot since last season:
"I've been working on my outside shot the last three years. I'm telling the coaching staff that I'm ready. They tell me to be patient. (Coach) Dwane Casey keeps telling me to be patient. I tell Dwane, 'I'll be patient.'"


Garnett on Marko Jaric:
"Marko gave us a lot," forward Kevin Garnett said. "It was good to see him have a good game. Marko struggled a little bit here last year. One of the things I've seen right away is how he's included in the team. I think when Wally (Szczerbiak) left, that was his personal friend and he sort of took that to heart a little bit.
"Now he's actually opening up. He jokes around with us. He's part of the chemistry, and we're going to need that. We don't need any outsiders on this team. Everybody that's in (the locker room) is going to have to be key additions and actually want to be here and want to be a family."


Garnett on Mike James' "lack of scoring touch":
"He's out to prove something not only to himself but to the Wolves fans and obviously you guys (media) for whatever reason," Garnett said. "I call him the pit bull of the point guards. But this game doesn't determine or signify what kind of season he's going to have."


The Wolves site posts an interview with Wolves dancer Annie, a hoops junkie who can do the moonwalk "better than average."