Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wolves 92, Kings 83

The Wolves opened the season with a win over the Sacramento Kings at the Target Center tonight.

AP recap

Boxscore


One of the biggest surprises of the game was seeing Mike Bibby in the starting lineup as he was expected to be out with an injured thumb. Bibby was ejected from the game late in the 4th quarter after receiving two technicals for arguing with the ref.

The other, more pleasant surprise was T-Hud:
Hudson scored 15 points, 11 in the fourth quarter and eight during an 11-2 run when the Wolves needed it most. That one, midway through the final quarter, turned a 71-68 deficit into a 79-73 lead and had many in the crowd who, moments earlier, had been moaning about Hudson's continued presence in the game suddenly cheering and applauding for him.


T-Hud on his ankle:
"All the signs are good," Hudson said long after the game, after his ritual of using ice and then heat on his joints. "In the past, even when I felt I was ready to go, I still had discomfort. It wasn't that bad where it would keep me out of the game, but I wasn't myself.
"Right now there is nothing. No pain, no discomfort. I'm just playing free. I'm not worried about [the ankle] at all.