Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Nate McMillan On Coach Casey

Mike Trudell at the Wolves site talks to the Blazers' Jarrett Jack and head coach Nate McMillan as well as Wolves assistant Kalamian before tonight's game. Trudell asks McMillan about Coach Casey.

MT: Can you talk about your relationship with Wolves head coach Dwane Casey?

NM: We're close. I was an assistant with coach Casey in Seattle, and learned a lot from him as a young assistant coming in off the bench. When I got the head coaching position, he became my head assistant, and a lot of things that I did, he believed in, and some of the things that he liked to do, I believed in. He's a very focused coach, a hard worker, and as a matter of fact, when they were offering me the job I recommended that they hire Casey, because he was ready for that position. He's definitely a well-prepared coach, and he and I think a lot along the same lines as far as what we want to do defensively and offensively. He's been around a number of different coaches and systems, and I think he's a good young coach.