Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wolves 98, Magic 109

Coach Casey said that assistant coach Randy Wittman, who spent last season as an assistant in Orlando, used his familiarity with the Magic to help with the team's prep for last night's game. Despite that, Dwight Howard, Darko, and crew took the Wolves to town in their second home game of the season.


AP Recap

Box Score


Dwight Howard on Garnett:
"When I first played against him, I was like, 'Whoa, that's KG.' I was just happy to play against him," said Howard, who already has grabbed at least 20 rebounds in a game six times in his career.
"After my first two years, I was like, 'I know I have to play KG. I know all the things he's going to do.' I just really tried to get after him and go back at him every time they scored."



Though it's still early in the season, the look on Garnett's face when he signalled to the bench that he wanted out with less than a few minutes left in the game made the loss seem even more like another nail in the coffin.


Other team updates from Steve Aschburner/Star Tribune:

Mad Dog did not play last night and said that the team wanted him to have a "few more good practices under my belt" before he did.

Coach Casey on McCants:
"Shaddy is working hard. He's ahead of schedule," Casey said. "But caution is the best word. He's got a whole career to think about."


About the veterans who are unhappy with lack of playing time due to Smith and Foye getting more minutes:
"You can't quit. You can't say, 'Coach doesn't care about me anymore,'" Casey said. "That's a defeatist attitude. We haven't really established a set rotation yet. So I hope nobody gets it in his mind that he can't play."