Friday, December 29, 2006

Wolves Updates 12/29

Steve Aschburner/Star Tribune says that in Wednesday's game at the Raptors, Garnett "felt he pressed to take advantage of matchups that, on paper, were his to dominate and wound up making those Raptors more effective."

"I've just got to relax," he said. "Sometimes, I get so hyped before these games ... I've got to go into my yoga phases and do some of my meditation to just relax."

"I see an opponent across the way and I feel that fear, man ... I've got to relax," Garnett said. "That onus is on me. I'm trying to do too much, I'm trying to take advantage of what I have. Watching film, I knew [the Raptors] would probably trap, but they didn't trap early. They had Rasho play me head-up, and I was anticipating something that wasn't even there."


Stephen Litel/SportsPage Magazine talks to Ben Wallace about Garnett staying in Minnesota:
“As far as him retiring here in Minnesota, I think that this is his city, this is his spot, so I think he should (retire as a Timberwolf), but things don’t always work out the way everybody would like them to.”

“I think that ultimately it is going to be his decision whether he wants to finish here or not,” added Wallace.


KFAN's Dan Barreiro on Coach Casey:
Yes, he deserves heat for recent fourth-quarter meltdowns, but it's not his fault that Mike James is the latest average player whose agent has taken Kevin McHale to the cleaners, Mark Blount would be an All-Star if the entire game consisted of the first quarter, Ricky Davis is still too streaky, two of the five best players are rookies, most of the guards on a ridiculouly guard-intensive roster can't handle the ball or get to the free throw line, and one of those isn't Allen Iverson.


The second returns of the NBA All-Star balloting have Garnett continuing to lead all Western Conference forwards.