Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Wolves Updates 12/26

WCCO says that the Minneapolis police are still investigating claims that Eddie Griffin went into Santana Foods and made threats against the store's owner, the brother of the man who filed a lawsuit against Griffin relating to his March car accident .
"Yes, Mr. Griffin came into the store and threatened one of my clients," said Michael B. Padden, the lawyer representing the store's owner. "Like the prior incident, everything he did and said is depicted on video with audio."


The Star Tribune on Randy Foye and the fact that he has situs inversus, "a condition in which heart and other internal organs are reversed -- a mirror image of the ordinary body."


The Daily Herald on whether players who skipped college to go straight to the NBA "are missing something.:
Now in his 12th season with Minnesota, Garnett earned one of the highest salaries of his era, but his relative lack of team success and inability to hit a clutch shot in an important game has almost become a running joke.


Mike James on returning to Toronto tomorrow:
"I don't see any reason why (Raptors fans) wouldn't (cheer me)," James said in a telephone interview. "I didn't give them any reason not to cheer for me. I gave my heart to Toronto. Every time I stepped on the court, I played to win. I can't see why fans would hold it against me that I didn't sign back in Toronto. Talk to Colangelo."


Marko Jaric on the team's win in Indiana:
"Some guys said we took the monkey off our back," Jaric said. "But I think we still have a couple more games to win. We have to come back and fight harder the next couple of weeks."