Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wolves Updates 11/8

For my friend at 10,000 Takes, a pic of Robert Randolph who, after grabbing a girl's ass with them, agreed to pose with the claws.


According to NBA.com's Lenovo +/- stats, the 16th best 5-player combination so far this season is:
Garnett, Blount, Jaric, James, and Hassell

At #20 is:
Garnett, Hudson, Jaric, Hassell, and Smith


Some post-game quotes from the Wolves and Lakers.
Garnett on getting momentum: “We’re still a work in progress. We had good momentum. Portland had the best momentum as well as our loss tonight. We’re still a work in progress.

Garnett on what the team needs to work on:“We need to work together. We tend to separate which is expected with new guys. We need to keep our turnovers down and be more effective. We have potential to be a really good team.”


HoopsWorld talks to Randy Foye about the season and asks if there's any pressure on him:
I can't go out there and worry about being rookie of the year, because there's over eighty games left. At the end of that, it will determine who is going to be rookie of the year. But it really doesn't matter, it's just one year. I still know that I'm going to be a good player in this league.


Steve Aschburner writes about whether Garnett can and should score more:
"My style is to score. I don't want you to misconstrue that," Garnett said this week. "But the thing is, compared to an A.I. [Iverson], compared to a real scorer, I'm [defending] the best offensive player on the other end, and sometimes that wears me out a little bit. Messing with Zach [Randolph] for 37-plus minutes ain't an easy task. It becomes a little toll."


Marcus Camby says Latrell Sprewell told him this summer that he has no interest in returning to the NBA.


Fred Hoiberg and Ronny Turiaf, the Laker who had heart surgery in the summer of 2005, met for the first time last night.
"He's the one who showed me the way after my surgery," Turiaf said. "He was there for me. He was trying to show me what to expect. I was definitely blessed, and I mean that, to be able to talk to him and know what to expect."