Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Updates Part II 10/3

Steve Aschburner/Star Tribune asks the Wolves about Mike James and "his smack."
Trent Hassell:"The first couple of days we were like, OK, he's like this. So you get adjusted. ... You can't make [James] be something he's not. That's how he got to this point. He ain't going to stop it."
Said Garnett: "He reminds me of a smaller version of myself. Very enthused. Plays with a lot of emotion."


Eddie Griffin showed up to training camp today after missing the team's media day for "personal business" in Houston. He'll be fined for yesterday's absence.
Said Griffin: "I'm just moving on from it and ready to get started. [Fans] shouldn't be disappointed. I've been working hard, and it's going to show on the court."

He also talks about the lawsuit filed against him from his spring car accident:
"I went to court for the tickets for not having my insurance card and whatever ... I ain't going to settle with them, because they had a bogus story."


Garnett on owning a team:
"I would love to see what the other side really talks about," he said. "I would love to hear their conversations. Whether they'd let me do that ... they didn't let Jordan do that."

Coach Casey says about Randy Wittman, his rumored replacement should things with the team go south, that he's "a great addition to the staff" and that "he's good for me." Garnett says that Wittman provides a "little bit of inspiration" for him.