Monday, October 02, 2006

Garnett Excited For The Season

Below are some KG quotes from an article which you can read in its entirety here.

"I can't remember being this excited or this enthused since the '04 season,'' Garnett said. "I can remember when we drafted Steph, being excited, obviously my rookie year, but I'm really excited to get going.''

"Last year was such a big disappointment that it's fueling me to go back and really, really remember why I play,'' Garnett said. "Remember why we all love to play this game and why we all play with emotion.''

"I've always said that as long as this team is trying to win and going in the right direction, I'm going to be here,'' Garnett said. "My goal is to win. Not anything short of that. When I feel the organization is going in another direction, then it's time to move on.

"...I can't really get y'all to understand not only how big it was for us to get around each other, but also how well it has been. Guys have really, really opened up and we're working on something special.''

That kind of talk is in stark contrast to media day last season, when a sullen Garnett lamented the loss of veteran Sam Cassell and didn't express much optimism for the following season.

It's clear that this year, he likes what he sees.