Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Star Tribune On KG

Steve Aschburner/Star Tribune also writes about KG's disappointment over last season and how he's excited for this one.

"If they're going to make a move and move me, whatever, that's what it is. It's not going to make any difference when I touch the floor or when I go at it. I'm ready, man. I'm psyched. I'm out to enjoy this year like I should."


The article also mentions Garnett organizing the team during the preseason:
Following Garnett's lead, most of the 14 Timberwolves under contract for all of 2005-06 showed up early for the coming season. Way early, by NBA standards, anywhere from four to six weeks before their required arrivals.

Newcomers (Randy Foye, Mike James) and returnees (Ricky Davis, Trenton Hassell) alike got busy in the practice gym, scrimmaging, lifting, shooting and apparently bonding. Garnett fed the efforts -- literally, in fact, by bringing them home for lunch on a bunch of days.