Monday, July 24, 2006

Wolves Updates 7/24

KG will receive a Distinguished Citizen Award from Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity when the group hosts its annual convention in Minneapolis. I know nothing about the fraternity but it seems like no dubious honor as Oprah and the Clintons are also receiving awards.


Justin/Celtics 17 and Ryan/HoopsAddict put together some Mike James audio clips in this week's Killer Crossover podcast.


Bob Sansevere poses a series of questions to Mike James:
The thing I like best about the Wolves is they want to win a championship. I think that's the thing that turns me on the most about them. They want to win, and everybody doesn't believe they can win. The teams that win a lot are misfits. We have misfits on this team. They even tell Kevin Garnett he's not clutch, that he plays for three quarters and disappears in the last five minutes. When I was in Detroit, we were misfits. And we won the championship.

...Only time is going to tell if I'm what the Wolves need to win a championship.

If I could trade places for a day with any celebrity, it would be Jay-Z, and I'd be on a private boat with Beyonce for that day and chill. I don't want to be Jay-Z. I just want to be in Jay-Z's position and be with Beyonce when she's in a bathing suit.

I want my epitaph to say, "Here lies Mike James. It doesn't matter if you loved me or hated me. I was Mike James."