Saturday, April 22, 2006

Wolves Win Coin Toss

The Star Tribune reports on the Wolves winning the tiebreaker with the Celtics to take over the 6th slot in the draft. Both the Wolves and the Celtics have a 53 in 1000 (5.3%) chance of landing one of the first three spots in the May 23 lottery. Once those three are chosen, the 11 teams remaining in the lottery will select their picks in inverse order of their records and with regards to the tiebreakers. The worst the Wolves could do is get the 9th pick.
Teams matched up in tiebreakers Friday will flip draft order in the second round, with the Wolves due to pick 36th or 37th, pending the outcome of the lottery. They also will have the No. 57 pick from Phoenix for their January trade of Nikoloz Tskitishvili.


From The Pioneer Press:
McHale and Garnett spoke at length during Wednesday night's finale, leading to reports that they were involved in an animated discussion inside the locker room.

"My relationship with Kevin's always been what it is," McHale said. "We argue sometimes, don't see eye to eye on some stuff. But he tells me how he feels, and I tell him how I feel, so I don't think that's ever going to change. There's been many summers where Kevin has hardly talked to me because he's been mad at me because at the end of the season, I said we need to work on this or that or whatever. I don't think it's any different than it's ever been."


One prominent member of Glen Taylor's Timberwolves investor group says the co-owners "generally" remain committed to the owner.


The Iowa State Daily has an article on Fred Hoiberg's iconic status at his alma mater.