Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wednesday Pre-Draft Workouts

Washington center Spencer Hawes, Towson guard Gary Neal, Florida forward Joakim Noah and Wisconsin guard Kammron Taylor worked out for the team at the Target Center earlier today.


Joakim Noah talked to the media after today's session, his first draft workout:
We were actually in Orlando for pre-draft and we didn't have to do much at all. All we had to do was a little of testing here and there, but we haven't worked out in five or six days, and when you're used to a routine where you're working out every day, I mean it was kind of hard today. I definitely enjoyed it...


On the possibility of playing for the Wolves, Noah said:
I would love to play (in Minnesota). Kevin Garnett has been one of my favorite players growing up and just being able to play against him and get better, that would almost be like a dream come true...


Noah also had some good things to say about Minnesota:
I love it out here; a lot of Swedish people, I'm half Swedish, and it looks a lot like Sweden, and especially at this time of year. It's a beautiful place. I haven't seen too much of it, but I like the spirit, I like the atmosphere.


Taylor, a Minneapolis North grad, commented on his future in the league:
I just want to get drafted. It's doesn't matter where I go-if I'm the last pick or number 50 or if I'm number 41 to the Timberwolves.