Friday, April 13, 2007

Wolves Updates 4/13

Rick Alonzo/Pioneer Press on the news about KG's injury:
The timing of all this raised questions, considering Garnett recently had voiced frustration about the team trimming his minutes...

"There's no indication to me that that's why he's shutting it down," Wittman said. "He's a guy that wants to play, there's no question about that.


Mike Trudell at the Wolves site talks to Mike James about the player's family, his favorite places to live, and going to school at Duquesne.


Coach Wittman on Justin Reed's performance in the loss to the Mavericks:
"Like I told him today, he went out and busted his rear end, played hard and it showed," Wittman said. "That's what I'm looking for. I haven't given him, probably, as much opportunity [as others on the roster]. But he waited patiently and he took advantage of that opportunity when it came. I was happy for him."


Stephen Litel/City Pages Sports blog on hearing about KG's status:
I just had to laugh. I stood there, listening and watching McHale blatantly lie to the media members' faces, although I know I should not expect anything less.


The Nuggets are looking for a point guard for the postseason and, according to the Rocky Mountain News, former Timberwolves player Anthony Carter is one of the candidates.
"I’m staying in shape and, hopefully, I’ll get a call," said Carter, who was in Denver’s camp last fall and is at his San Antonio home after playing in Italy.


A preview of tonight's game against the Spurs.