Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Garnett out indefinitely

Let the tanking begin...

From ESPN.com:
Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Kevin Garnett is out indefinitely with an injured right quadriceps.

Vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale said Wednesday night that the injury has bothered the former MVP for months, and Garnett and his agent decided it was time to shut it down and seek a second opinion.

McHale said Garnett will visit doctors in the next day or two and will miss at least two of the team's five remaining games. They will wait to see what the doctors say before Garnett decides if he will return at all this season.

"After talking with Mac and our medical staff, I realized that it's in my best interest to put my body first," Garnett said in a statement issued by the team. "I need to take this matter more seriously than I have been. I want to make sure that I correct this for the future, so that it is not an ongoing problem."