Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wolves Updates 2/15

Mad Dog blogs that he got "fired up" after reading some comments on John Amaechi, the former basketball player who recently outed himself. Without discussing his "personal views on this issue" or using the words "gay" or "homosexual," Madsen talks diplomatically about "the prospect of having a teammate like Amaechi."

I don’t care if my teammate is green or purple. I don’t care if he is from the U.S., overseas, or Mars. If my teammate respects the space of every man in the locker room and keeps the locker room code, he will be welcomed by me.


Garnett on the foot race between Charles Barkley and ref Dick Bavetta scheduled for All-Star weekend:
"I'm watching everything, man. I can't talk no stuff if I don't watch," he said. "I'm rooting for Dick, too. ... Charles talks so much, it's going to be entertaining. It's going to be good to see him back out there on the floor."

KG on the injured Western Conference All-Stars and their replacements:
"There's a lot of talent in this league, a lot of up-and-coming talent. And a lot of talent that's still established. It's unfortunate these guys aren't playing, but it doesn't exactly mean we're undermanned."


Randy Foye on taking part in the Rookie Challenge during All-Star weekend:
"I'm excited to be out there," Foye said. "No. 1, I'm going to be out there with K.G. representing not only the Timberwolves but the city of Minneapolis. So we're just looking forward to going out there and representing the city well."


Fred Hoiberg on the team's 2006 second round pick, Loukas Mavrokefalidis:
"Loukas has had a very good season over there so far. He's playing in Rome this season and you know we feel that he can make an impact on this roster hopefully in a couple years.

"I don't know if he'll be ready for next year -- we're looking possibly the year after that. We know he can shoot it, he's a very good passer, he's about 6-10, a very good rebounder, can bang in there and you know the big thing for him is he needs some experience against some top-notch talent. And we've got him in a situation right now where he's doing that with his team in Rome."


Day 2 of Wolves dancer Sally's All-Star Extravaganza.