Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Foye to make second consecutive start

Steve Aschburner/Star Tribune says that Randy Foye will be in the starting lineup for tonight's game against the Nuggets.

Aschburner also says about the rookie:
The way Foye has handled everything so far this rookie season -- from playing time, to moving into the starting lineup to dealing with the glare of negative publicity, regardless if he felt he deserved it -- is a big reason why Wittman isn't taking a big chance by starting Foye. And it's why he will be going to Las Vegas to represent the team in the All-Star rookie game over the weekend.

Foye on advice from his grandmother regarding Monday's citation:
Foye admitted with a smile that he had been contacted by his grandmother back home, who suggested getting in earlier.
"Big time, me and my little cousin," Foye said. "I gotta listen to her. She told me what to do."


In an interview on KFAN yesterday, Coach Wittman said that Randy Foye will face no team discipline for the incident. He also said that, though he probably shouldn't have been out that late, Foye did the right thing by pulling his vehicle over. You can listen to the interview here.


Randy Foye on his approach to the game as a starter:
"I pass first with them guys," Foye said. "One of the biggest things is, with them guys, I'm a passer in the beginning, but late in games I'm a scorer."