Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wolves Updates 2/14

From Brian Murphy/Pioneer Press:
Meanwhile, James was diplomatic in discussing his demotion after Wittman stunned him with the news last weekend. A reporter asked him directly if he was going to blow his stack over not being the starter.

"Blow for what? I'm a grown man. I have kids. I have a wife. I'm a man of God," James said. "I ain't got no time for little disses. This is just a piece of my life. If my life was consumed by basketball, maybe I would. My life is more than just basketball."

Mike James on "speculation" that he could be traded:
"If that's the case, then you move on. It's not the first time it's happened in my life," said James, who has played for Miami, Detroit, Houston and Toronto. "If this is not the situation for myself or for them, then you move on."


Congratulations to #1 hoops blogger Henry at True Hoop on his new partnership with ESPN. This almost makes up for the Britt Robson news.


Via True Hoop, an article about Kevin Durant on Slate.com in which Nathaniel Friedman uses the Timberwolves as an example of how not to handle a "versatile superstar."


Marc Stein/ESPN was asked if the Clippers' Corey Maggette would "be great" for the Wolves:
As for the Wolves, they've shown as much interest in Maggette as anyone. Yet like we often seem to say about the Wolves, they lack the obvious trade assets to make an impact deal.


The picture above is of Rashad McCants playing rock, paper, scissors with kids from Minneapolis Bethune Grade School. On Tuesday, he and Bracey Wright read and decorated cookies with some of the school's 3rd and 4th graders.


USA Today picks Garnett for the first team of its "All-Hands" squad.


Wolves dancer Sally journals about the first day of her trip to Las Vegas to be part of the All-Star dance team.


Jack McCallum/SI.com on which former Celtic's front-office job he'd prefer to have.


A preview of tonight's game against the Nuggets.