Saturday, January 20, 2007

Wolves Updates 1/20

On Eddie Griffin's status with the team:
Owner Glen Taylor said before the game that a decision on Griffin's status would be made next week, whether the Timberwolves issue their own suspension or release him from the roster.
"My guess is it would be the latter," Taylor said.


Coach Casey said Griffin would be practicing with the team today but the player would have to "work his way back into the playing rotation."


The Pioneer Press has some of the questions KG was asked in the Jan/Feb issue of Dime Magazine:
On whether the window has closed for him winning an NBA championship: "I don't know, I don't really think about it. But options come up. It's up to me to explore some of those options. … I don't feel like I'm the problem. If I'm the problem, then obviously get rid of the problem. I always think of myself as the solution. So I've never been willing to just move or go to another option. There's no guarantee that when you take another option that it is guaranteed (to make it better)."


Chris Webber referred to Garnett as his "favorite player in the league." On not signing with the Wolves, Webber says:
"But the situation just wasn't good. I wanted to be on a team that had been there before, a team that was really seasoned. Not that this team isn't good.
"And also, they told me I'd have to play behind [Mark] Blount. I respect him, but I would have came here to play with KG."


Michigan Live on Marko Jaric:
It's no secret that the Pistons are considering trading Mohammed. One of the teams that's in the mix is tonight's opponent, Minnesota. The Timberwolves would like to unload Marko Jaric, whose contract is similar to Mohammed's in terms of years remaining (four) and total value. It is unclear how interested Minnesota is in Mohammed, who has four years and about $25 million left on the contract he signed with Detroit last summer.

According to ESPN, Coach Casey said that Jaric would return for Sunday's game in Phoenix.


From the Detroit Free Press:
McDyess said he also had a courtside fan try to start something with him. The fan used a racial slur, among other expletives.
"If we get fined, and he says that," McDyess said, "you've got to throw the fan out of the game."



Randy Foye and KG on the rookie's bobblehead:
"It's not too good. It's a lot darker than me," he said. "That's my main thing. It should at least be my complexion."

"I don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing, especially when the thing don't even look like him," Garnett said.


Foye and Craig Smith helped make and serve meals to families at the Ronald McDonald House in Mpls on Thursday.