Sunday, December 31, 2006

Updates Part II

The Wages Of Win blog on what David Berri sees as "The Decline Of Kevin Garnett." By their measurements, Garnett "is still among the very best in the game. But he’s not quite as far above the competition as he was in years past."


From The Pioneer Press:
Garnett is in the midst of a 16-for-47 shooting slump (34 percent) in the past three games, in part because of double-teams and extra attention from defenses. The Wolves have lost two of those games; on Friday night, he scored 10 points, his fewest in three years, but the Wolves won in a blowout against the struggling Seattle SuperSonics.

The Wolves' defense has let them down, and it did again Saturday against the Nets. When Garnett's game isn't in tip-top shape, the Wolves look even worse.

"I have to think about so many different things rather than myself that I probably need to be a little bit more selfish and think about myself a little bit because it is starting to show," Garnett said.



The Pioneer Press names Eddie Griffin its "LOOP Sports Figure of the Year."


Coach Casey on Mark Blount:
"He's very unassuming in his play, so much so that you think he's not getting anything done until you look at his stat sheet at the end of the game," Wolves coach Dwane Casey said. "I do think he's one of the top big-men outside shooters in the league. He's a very smart player."

Casey on Randy Foye:
"I trust young players," Casey said. "A lot of NBA coaches would probably think I'm dumb. But I enjoy developing young kids. I know that doesn't bode well for job security because a lot of time that doesn't develop into wins. … One night he'll look like a million dollars and the next night, he doesn't know what side of the floor he's on."