Saturday, July 15, 2006

Foye MVP Of Vegas Summer League

After yesterday's win over the Hornets, Randy Foye received the trophy for Most Valuable Player at the Las Vegas Summer League.

Each game, Foye led the Timberwolves offense with the speed and control of an experienced point guard.

That description is almost enough to make me apologize to McHale for any of the criticism I've ever directed towards him. It also makes me that much more antsy for the season to start.

Marty Burns named Foye and Brandon Roy the most impressive rookies in Vegas. ESPN also included them in their roundup of the top new players but said Roy "didn't have as much sizzle as Foye."

Coach Casey had this to say about the MVP:
That Randy Foye is just a sponge. He asks great questions and has really responded to the coaching he has been given. It is pretty apparent that he has a good knowledge of the game already and has been making solid decisions on the court.

Please don't bother telling me not to get worked up because "it's just summer league" (That means you, TK!) as I'm well aware. Consistently awesome performances from our rookie while playing against others in the draft as well as current NBA players justify any excitement I have about MVP Randy Foye. The only thing dampening my enthusiasm about this is the fact that Paul Shirley didn't fare as well.