Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wolves Updates

The Wolves lose to the Clippers, 95-87.

The Wolves dance team loses to the Clippers dance team, 65%-35%.


On KG's scolding of teammates after the loss to the Suns:
"It was great coming from Kevin; he really wants to win," guard Ricky Davis said. "If Mark Blount would have come in and said something, it probably would have happened again. Coming from Ticket, the leader of the team, it's great."

"We have to have a sense of urgency, not only for this year but to build for the rest of your career," Casey said. "It's not about just the last game we lost, it's about creating an outlook, a culture, a seriousness, a sense of urgency about your game, about your play. You should be sitting there thinking, 'What could I have done to help this team? What did I do wrong in this game?' Instead of laughing and [goofing off]."

"I don't want to call it babysitting, but I don't like always having to 'go there,' " Garnett said. "We're all professionals and we're all men. It was only a select few, but we're a team."


Garnett attended a private memorial for Kirby Puckett on Sunday.
Garnett: "We don't know where we're going to be next. And who's to say that the next place we go is greater or lesser than where we are (now). But we're just happy with the current state and not knowing the unknown. For me, it did a lot psychologically."

Saunders on Puckett:
"Puck used to come to all the Timberwolves games, and when I got the job, he always called me Skip instead of Flip. For a while, I thought he didn't know my name. Then I found out he called all coaches and managers Skip or Skipper," Saunders said.


Casey seems doubtful that T-Hud will make a return before the end of the season.

Hoiberg won't be joining the Pistons this season.

Sugar Ray Leonard shows Mad Dog a few moves.