Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wolves Updates

Hoiberg is going to Detroit to talk to the Pistons about possibly playing with them for the remainder of the season.
"I'm going to meet with Flip and [Pistons president] Joe Dumars," Hoiberg said. "Nothing's for sure. I want to find out if it's a situation that would make sense."

Griffin's got eye problems
"My eyes ... it's a little bit of fuzziness. Close, distance," Griffin said, gazing across at the team's practice gym. "I can't wear glasses because it bothers my face, and I can't wear contacts because it bothers my eyes. So laser surgery is probably the best thing for me."

Casey on Griffin:
"Eddie had a nice week," the coach said. "Again, I don't have a doghouse. There's no such thing. If you want to play and work your way in, I'm going to play whoever is going to help the Timberwolves win. Doesn't matter who he is, how many years he's got in the league ... it's a democracy."

Fanball selected McCants as their fantasy pickup of the week.

NBA.com has launched a Big Dance Bracket where you can vote for your favorite dance team, including the Timberwolves dancers.

The Wolves face the Rockets at home tonight.