Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wolves Updates

"I've never been scared of difficult times," said Garnett, who has advanced past the first round of the playoffs once in his 11 seasons. "I like the challenge of fighting through them just by putting my hard hat on every night and giving it my all.
"I'm never going to give up on something just because times are tough. That's [being] a coward. That's not even in me."


Rex Chapman is not interested in becoming the next Phoenix Suns GM and President:
"Even though (Suns all-star point guard) Steve Nash and I are the best of friends and I maintain a residence here in Phoenix, I'm just not interested at this time and would not be interested in leaving the Timberwolves," Chapman said by telephone.

The Nuggets have expressed interest in acquiring Hoiberg.

Wolves rookie Rashad McCants was involved in a second-quarter tussle after he stood by injured Bulls guard Chris Duhon and shouted at him. Chicago's Othella Harrington came over and shoved McCants.

Duhon was face down on the court in pain after he aggravated his bruised jaw when he collided with Minnesota's Justin Reed.
"I was just asking if (Duhon) was all right. That was it," McCants said.
Wolves teammate Kevin Garnett, who got involved in the scrum to defend McCants, said Harrington misunderstood McCants' intentions.


Davis on last night's loss to Chicago:
"They just outplayed us, beat us on every scheme, a lot of pick and rolls," Wolves swingman Ricky Davis said.

A preview of tonight's game at home against the Nets.