Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Taylor: Garnett "concerned" about trade rumors

From Kent Youngblood/Star Tribune:
We're going to go younger, Taylor told his star, which might make it more difficult to become a title contender.

"I thought he might say, 'Well, if you're going younger, I guess I don't want to play here,' " Taylor recalled Tuesday. "But he said, 'I'd be a good teacher. Guys taught me and helped me. I'd like to do that.' "

Taylor, who returned over the weekend, talked about a range of subjects Tuesday, including the team's decision to field offers for Garnett before the June 28 NBA draft. He admitted Boston was the Wolves' most serious trading partner. And while not ruling out a Garnett trade, Taylor said the team is now focused on altering its roster in other ways.


The team owner on KG's reaction to the trade rumors:
"It concerned him," Taylor said of Garnett and the trade talk. "He said to me, 'I'd always assumed I was going to play here forever and ever.' "