Sunday, December 17, 2006

Wolves 104, Bucks 108

From Steve Aschburner/Star Tribune:
It was a risky pass to begin with, but one Kevin Garnett had made countless times before. One Trenton Hassell had caught countless times, too, from one side of the floor to the other, on a line from Garnett's hands.

Trouble was, neither of the Timberwolves saw Charlie Bell.

The Milwaukee Bucks reserve guard shot into the gap, intercepted the pass, raced the length of the court, got fouled by Mike James and wound up with a three-point play. It proved to be the pivotal moment in the Wolves' 108-104 loss Saturday night at the Bradley Center.


AP Recap

Box Score


"Plain and simple, I played like [garbage]," Garnett said, despite a team-high 26 points with nine rebounds. "I felt like I was too passive in the second half. I haven't been in a rhythm for a while. I don't like the way I'm playing right now. I've got to continue to watch film and try to get better.

"I do know that this team will get better as I get better, and I've got to initiate that."