Saturday, October 21, 2006

Wolves Updates 10/21

Steve Kerr previews the Northwest Division and predicts the Wolves will come out on top:
I can read the emails now: "Minnesota winning the division? What are you, crazy?" Maybe I am. Or maybe it's wishful thinking, having admired Garnett's unselfish game and professional style over the years and hoping he can lead his team back to prominence.
One thing is for sure, though. Nobody is running away with the Northwest. And if the Wolves can hang around, K.G. will give them a chance.


Mad Dog really likes Craig Smith:
I think that Craig is going to be a big time contributor this season as a rookie and it is clear that we got a steal by getting him in the Second round of the draft. One of the reasons why Craig slipped is because he had a wrist injury around draft time and he wasn't able to workout for teams so they didn't want to take the risk. The funny thing is that I've had a similar wrist surgery and the only bad thing about it is that it just takes a long time to get better (3-6 months). Once it's better though, you are as good as new.


Hoopsworld interviews Troy Hudson and asks how it feels to be playing with the team again:
"It feels great, you know. I've been injured for a while, not able to play how I've been able to play, so to come back and feel like my old self again in gratifying."