Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Wolves Links

ESPN has an article titled "Searching For Sprewell." The writer goes to vist Spree and has the unemployed player tell him to "get off my property right now or I'll send someone out there to take your head off!"


From YaySports!, a link to NBA.com's "Behind The Numbers", a feature profiling players on the reasons for selecting their jersey number.

For guard Marcus Banks, January’s trade to the Timberwolves reunited him with an old friend, his jersey number 3. “I’d worn 3 all through my career, basically all my life,” Banks told us.
In Boston, number 3 is retired for
Dennis Johnson, so Banks wore number 11. “Because that was the smallest number they had", says Banks.Number 3 is special to Banks because of its significance to his family. “It’s a spiritual thing that me and my mother had.” Banks said that the spiritual meaning of number 3 was, “the son, the father, and the holy ghost,” which is also a prayer ritual he goes through before each game.


The SBNation Blogs are hosting a bracket to decide the best NBA sneaker ad of the year. KG's "What's Inside" Adidas commercial is up against Amare's Nike commercial in the first round. Click here to view and vote.