Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wolves Updates

Jaric could be part of a deal the Wolves are looking to make to get KG some help.

Casey continues to address Marko's lack of playing time:
"I owe it to Marko," Casey said. "I have and will continue to talk to him. Coaches have talked to him, I talked to him a week before he lost the starting job. But I don't want to get into a situation where I have to explain why any individual player didn't play in each game."


McHale confirmed that the Wolves, in the seven-player trade with Boston, also wound up with a $4.2 million trade exception that can be used until the one-year anniversary date (Jan. 26) of the deal.
The exception would enable the Wolves to acquire one or more players on existing contracts for up to that figure. It cannot be used to sign free agents, but the Wolves still will have their standard exceptions -- the midlevel ($5 million) and bi-annual ($1.75 million) -- for that.

T-Hud's going to Charlotte next week for another opinion on his ankle.

KG on his 9th appearance at the All-Star Games:
"All-Star is never old for me," said Garnett, one of seven reserves voted in by the conference coaches. "I take a lot of pride in repping, not only the state but the city, myself, the family, the organization. There's only one person in there with a Minnesota jersey on, that's me. I've got the whole city behind me."

Ricky Davis on what it's like to play with KG: "Beautiful, he's one of the greatest guys in the NBA," Davis said. "It's an added plus to my game. He's a very unselfish player. . . . LeBron's unselfish, too. He gets other guys involved, too. But I only got to play with LeBron [James] for half a year. I really didn't get the full LeBron show."

Target Corp has chosen to keep its name on the Wolves arena for seven more years which means that it won't be called the Garnett Center anytime soon.

Utah's Carlos Boozer plans on making his return this Friday when the Wolves host the Jazz.