Thursday, September 14, 2006

Stephon Marbury On Garnett

Marbury spent some time with local media while in town to promote his new shoe line.

Rick Alonzo/Pioneer Press talked to Marbury about

playing with KG:
"I would love to play with Kevin," Marbury said. "We would love for him to come to New York. If he wants to play with me in New York, that would be great. That's the only way it's going to happen, because I'm in New York."

the possibility of having to return to the Wolves:
"Minnesota's good to me," Marbury said. "The fans there are great. When I left, it wasn't for basketball reasons. It was for living reasons. I just felt like I didn't want to commit seven years of my life to living in Minnesota. It was really cold. There was a lot of snow."

his relationship with KG:
Marbury described their infrequent conversations as "brief."
"I wouldn't say we have a bad relationship," Marbury said.


Marbury also talked to Chad Hartman on KFAN yesterday afternoon. The interview briefly touched upon speculation that Marbury's jealousy of Garnett was one of the reasons for him leaving. Marbury's response was, "Why would I be jealous of another man? That's not my even my style or my character."

In what he seemed to think was a magnanimous gesture, Marbury also told Hartman that he wasn't mad at KG for being mad at him for leaving Minnesota.