Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wolves Updates 8/17

Along with the competition between Randy Foye and Brandon Roy for rookie of the year, "the triumphant return of Kevin Garnett" is one of the top 10 things Rick Kamla can't wait to see next season.

It tore my heart out to see KG rested for the last two weeks of the 05-06 season. I didn't agree with the way that was handled and I never will, but life goes on, and explosive guards like Foye and Mike James are added in the offseason, restoring confidence and competitiveness to a once proud franchise. (I still can't believe my beloved Wolves have missed the playoffs two years running.) With Foye and James giving the Wolves a desperately needed shot in the arm, you're going to see a lot more of KG howling at the moon after and-ones and emphatically telling the Target Center faithful "this is my house". When KG believes, he morphs from beast to monster.


Click here for an NBA.com chat transcript with Mike James. He is currently hosting a basketball camp in his hometown of Amityville, NY.

A Marin judge issued two arrest warrants for former NBA star Isaiah "J.R." Rider after he failed to show up for sentencing Wednesday.