Thursday, August 10, 2006

"I did not come to Minnesota to lose in this cold weather."

The Wolves held another season ticket holders luncheon at which McHale and Mike James discussed the team. In case you're wondering, they served "roast beef, mashed potatoes, salad, and perfectly smooth cheesecake."

McHale talked about the same old things. Though I wasn't there, I have to believe the most entertaining part of the lunch was when Mike James spoke. Below is a sampling of some of the stuff he said:

"This is a new season to be excited about. If nobody else gets excited, then they don't understand basketball."

"One person can help the chemistry and be the missing piece of the puzzle. I'm a winner. I'm a winner in my head. I'm a winner in my heart."

"I have the Ticket. Please stop biting your nails. We have a plan. Look at the Detroit Tigers. Why can't we be that? Being 5 down, we still believe we can win. Being up 10, we know we can win."

"I did not come to Minnesota to lose in this cold weather."