Monday, August 21, 2006

Kris Humphries Working Out With The Wolves

I work across the street from the Target Center and have seen Hopkins grad and current Raptor Kris Humphries walk out of the arena several times in the last few weeks. A few days ago, he ignored my very friendly co-worker Steph and I as we said hello. He heard, just kept walking.

Earlier today, I saw him yet again walking towards my work after leaving the Target Center. As there is so little Wolves news and no more Harrington to Minnesota rumors, I decided to try talking to him one more time.

Me: DUDE, what's up?
KH: Hey.
Me: (Holding out a piece of mail) Will you sign this for my friend Steph?
KH: Sure.
Me: Do you have a pen?
KH: No.
Me: Neither do I.
KH: I walk by here all the time so I'll sign it next time I see you.
Me: Yeah, but you ignored her the last time we said hi.
KH: I must not have heard you.
Me: You did, but whatever.
KH: (silence)

Me: (Pointing to his Raptors t-shirt) You excited to be playing with the Raptors?
KH: Yes.
Me: Have you seen the new uniforms?
KH: They have new uniforms?
Me: Yep. They look pretty sharp and much cooler than the Wolves uniforms.
KH: Do they still have purple in them?
Me: It doesn't look like it.
KH: (In a tone of exasperation and with some hand gesturing) You can't do anything with purple...

Me: Are you working out at the Target Center this summer?
KH: Yes.
Me: Who are you working out with?
KH: The Wolves
Me: Anyone in particular?
KH: The Wolves

That was pretty much the end of our uneventful conversation.