Monday, January 30, 2006

Hoops Hype Interview With Kandi

Check out this interview with Michael Olowokandi on HoopsHype.com.

You were once the No. 1 overall pick in the draft and thus a lot of lofty expectations were placed upon you. But in seven seasons, you have averaged double figures in scoring twice. How would you summarize your career?
MO: I think I had to contend with a number of things. Perhaps if my stay with the Clippers had been longer, it would have been smoother. And, then when I went to Minnesota, hindsight, as they say, is 20-20. If I could have done it differently and gone somewhere else, perhaps things would have worked out differently. But it isn’t about how you start something; it’s about how you end things. So that’s what I’m looking forward to. I see this as year one. I think this is a massive restructure for the teams and it’s a massive restructure for myself also.


That's so wrong. The correct answer is: I was a wildly inconsistent player who was a huge waste of time and money. I apologize to the Twolves and their fans for completely letting you down and not leaving your fine city much, much sooner.