Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wolves 106, Sonics 114

After being up by 25 points halfway through the third quarter, the Wolves squandered their lead and fell to the Sonics on Tuesday night, setting a new team low in the process.


From Britt Robson/On The Ball:
Media question: "This 25 point lead was the biggest one blown in franchise history. Can you put that in perspective?"

Garnett: "No I can't. That's fucked up. That's fucked up."


From Kent Youngblood/Star Tribune:
A self-destruction unlike any Timberwolves fan had ever seen. A meltdown on a scale all others from here on out will be measured against.


Brian Murphy/Pioneer Press recap

AP Recap

Box Score


Postgame quotes


Garnett, one assist shy of a triple-double, placed the blame for the loss on himself:
"I was telling everyone, when we came in [after the game] I felt it was my fault," he said. "As the leader of this team, we have to stay aggressive for 48 minutes. I'm very good at dictating and understanding the game, knowing how stuff flows. I feel I got away from that and didn't lead properly. [I'm] very aggravated and discouraged with that."


Click here for a list of the biggest blown leads in team history.