Monday, March 26, 2007

Wolves Updates 3/26

Garnett has made 4 of the 11 buzzer-beating game-winning shots in Wolves history.


The Sacramento Bee talks to Mike James about his advice column for SLAM Magazine.
The main thing is a lot of these kids, they need guidance. So many times, people tell these young kids the wrong information on how to survive in today's life. If I can shed light for somebody and tell them how to lead their life and how to help them lead a better life, then maybe that's the calling God has blessed me with.


Britt Robson/On The Ball on Foye vs. Roy:
It may sound like a cop-out, but I honestly think there is no "loser" in this competition--or if there is, we won't know which for at least another three or four years.


Garnett agrees with Coach Wittman's sentiment that Foye serves the team better coming off the bench:
"I think when he comes in off the bench, he has more leeway to come in and be more aggressive than when he's in with [all the starters]," Garnett said.

"When he's out there with me [late in games], I let him off the chain. In Sacramento I let him off the chain. I like to put him in position to be totally aggressive in the pick-and-roll, take advantage of his quickness. He loves to get let off the leash."


New Gophers coach Tubby Smith on how friend Dwane Casey helped sell him on taking the position:
"I'll be honest with you, talking with him [Casey] and how he really enjoyed living and working in Minneapolis, that kind of pushed me over the edge," Smith said.


Newsday.com writes that Casey "could be a candidate for the Kentucky head coaching job."