Friday, September 01, 2006

Hartman Leaves The Wolves

Chad Hartman has given up his position as a play-by-play announcer with the Wolves in order to keep his show on KFAN.

When the team left KFAN to partner with BOB 106, Clear Channel exec Mick Anselmo decided it would be a conflict of interest for Hartman to continue to host his radio show while while working for the Wolves on another station.

"I've worked for both places since 1990, and both have been very fair to me and I've enjoyed it and have friends at both places," Hartman said. "I still enjoy play-by-play an awful lot and think the NBA is a great product. I will miss it, no doubt, but this makes the most sense professionally and personally. I have three sons who are 11, soon to be 10 and 5. My youngest has had health issues, and when you're gone as much as we are with the Wolves that certainly makes things complicated."


The Wolves, anticipating this was coming, have been talking to a short list of potential candidates that is believed to include Brian Sieman, Andrew Monaco and Craig Ackerman. All three do play-by-play of WNBA teams.

The team hope to come to a decision on Hartman's replacement in the next couple weeks.