Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Interview With Szczerbiak

The Pioneer Press's Rick Alonzo talked to Wally Szczerbiak and got his take on topics related to his former and present teams.

On Coach Casey:
"I loved coach Casey as a coach," Szczerbiak said.
"I don't think there's any coach who prepares you better for a game," Szczerbiak said. "I know he took a lot of heat, especially after the trade, but he'll do a good job in this league for many years to come."

On his connection to Minnesota:
"I had a lot of interest in the Wolves," he said. "My parents found themselves still watching a lot of Timberwolves games. Minnesota will always have a special place in my heart; there's no question about that."

On playing with the Celtics:
"Our team was close on the road together," Szczerbiak said. "We played cards on the planes, and that was nice to get to know the guys, and I kind of fit in pretty well right away. It will be nice to have training camp and get acclimated to the system."